Premium Select™ Spare Rubber Bulb for Circular, Large, Small and Straight Horns
Large Bulb fits virtually all the popular bulb horns...this is the low-cost bulb you've been looking for.
Just screw it on and start honkin'!
What is Premium Select™?
Every now and again a customer would call on the phone and ask us to look through the bin and pick out a really good bulb. So we would cull through a dozen bulbs and send them the best one. Well, here's good news—now you don't have to call on the phone and settle for the best of only a dozen or so. That's because now, in addition to our Regular, Nearly Perfect, and Scrunched bulbs, when an extra special bulb turns up that's better than the rest, we grade it Premium Select™. So now, if you want a better bulb, you can simply order a Premium Select™ bulb and get the very best of the lot.
What Makes a Bulb Premium Select™?
A Premium Select™ bulb must meet the standards of our regular bulbs. Additional requirements include:
- Symmetrical assembly
- Uniform surface texture
- Dark saturated color
- Solid neck construction
- Flush collar crimp
- Overall superior condition
In a Nutshell
There's nothing different about these bulbs. But if you want the pick of the litter, then Premium Select™ bulbs are the best of the lot.
Make that Old Horn Squawk Again!
This large replacement bulb delivers an extraordinarily loud honk for Circular, Large, Small and Straight horns. (does not fit Double Bell or Mini horns).
Bulb measures a substantial 3-3/4 inches (9.5 cm) in diameter by 5-1/4 inches (13.3 cm) in length to end of brass collar. Total length to tip of brass tube is approximately 7-1/4 inches (18.4 cm) (varies). Designed for 3-part brass bulb horns (bulb-reed-horn). Spare brass reed available separately if needed.
Reed screws into horn, not the bulb. So if your reed screws into bulb, then our bulb will not work. (Yes, the reed slides inside bulb tube. But reed is physically attached to horn.)
Large or Mini?
We offer bulbs in just two sizes: Large and Mini. Large is the "standard size" bulb and fits most bulb horns. The Mini is designed for little "bicycle-size" horns. The Double Bell Bulb is just a Large Bulb with a longer tube.
A Mini Bulb does not generate enough blast for standard size horns. So even if our Mini Bulb fits your standard size horn, you should find a bulb designed for your specific horn instead (prices typically start at $20.00), or retrofit Large Bulb.
How to Choose the Bulb Size you Need
Measure Bulb Tube:
- If outside diameter is 11/16" (17.5 mm), then get Large bulb.
- If outside diameter is 5/8" (15.9 mm), then get Mini bulb (see note above).
Measure Brass Fitting:
- If horn fitting OD is 5/8" (15.9 mm), then get Large bulb (same as Large bulb tube ID).
- If horn fitting OD is ~9/16" (14.3 mm), then get Mini bulb (same as Mini bulb tube ID).
Need more product specs? Click "Technical Specs" tab above for detailed factual data.
- If bulb circumference is 11-1/2" (29.2 cm), or length from base to neck is 5-1/4" (13.3 cm), then get Large bulb.
- If bulb circumference is 8-3/16" (20.8 cm), or length from base to neck is 3-1/4" (8.2 cm), then get Mini bulb.
Bulb Size Comparison
Mini Bulb (top)
Large Bulb (middle)
Double Bell Bulb (bottom)
Premium Select™—Pick of the Litter for Persnickety Shoppers
Fits These Horns:
replacement bulb fits all kinds of vintage car, taxi, antique,
old-brass and clown horns. Also fits Dobani bulb horn product code:
BULL, BULS, BULH, BULD, and BULO. So if you need to replace a crumbly
ol' horn bulb, then this fully guaranteed low-cost Spare Rubber Bulb is
what you've been looking for.
Tested and Certified
- Low cost—economical
- Black rubber
- Solid brass fittings
- Large 3-3/4" (9.5 cm) diameter bulb
- Generates loud honk
Inspected, Bench-Tested and Guaranteed to Work
Each bulb is visually and physically inspected, compression-tested and quality approved. Your bulb must successfully pass the inspection process—and cannot ship without a valid certificate to prove it. Last time we checked, no other seller tests their bulbs at all, yet alone to these stringent standards:
SEVEN POINT Premium Select™ Bulb Inspection:
Bone Dry Music
1. Superior Premium Select™ Condition
2. No cracks
3. No split seams
4. No leaks or pin holes
5. Screw fitting seats properly
6. Compression test generates strong blast
7. Date Stamped
Buy with Confidence
Largest Bulb Seller on eBay, and Just About Everywhere Else
There's a good reason why so many shoppers order their bulbs and bulb horns from Bone Dry Music. Actually, there's at least three good reasons:
What's more, your order is expertly boxed and packed. And ships quick—usually within one business day.
- You get comprehensive product info: We do our best to give you all the info and facts you need so there are no surprises when you open the box.
- We're easy to deal with: Got a problem with your order? We take care of you.
- You get a good deal: Go ahead and shop around. Our prices are about as good as it gets.
Good Deal for Thrifty Shoppers...Satisfaction Guaranteed
These are rather excellent products for the price. But they ain't fancy high-class articles. Most of the bulbs are just fine and you can expect them to serve you well for at least a year or two, maybe more. But if the bulb you get does not meet with your satisfaction, then you can count on us to make things right.
Our bulbs are inspected, pre-tested, treated with rubber protectant and fully guaranteed. We'll have your horn up and honking again before you know it. Order now and discover why more than 1,541 smart eBay and Amazon shoppers demand guaranteed bulbs from Bone Dry Music.
Now you're honkin'!™
- Brand New.
- Fits most bulb horns.
- Traditional Design: Like you might find at a fine antique shop.
- Premium Select™: Overall Superior Condition.
- Large Bulb: Produces substantial honk.
- Durable Construction: Built with tough rubber, brass fittings.
- Just Screw-on and Honk: Fits Circular, Large, Small and Straight (not Mini) horns.
- 3-Part (bulb-collar-tube) Construction: Lets do-it-yourselfers modify bulb.
- Tested and Certified: Bulb inspected & approved.
- Hand Applied Protectant: Extends life of rubber—guards against ozone, oxidation and UV radiation.
- Vacuum Sealed Package: Reduces exposure to damaging oxidation.
- Date Stamped: Assures freshest stock.
- FREE Bulb Mounting Tips Booklet packed with each shipment.
- Budget Price
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
|Accessories or Related Products: